Friday, April 29, 2011

Life Shaped by Thoughts

'Be careful how you think; your life is shaped by your thoughts' Proverbs 4:23. 

This is obviously where this blog title came from.  This is not my first blog, nor is it likely to be my last.  I have a few others, but all very focused.  I want to use this to post my random thoughts, daily interactions, things that touched my life and those things I hope will touch yours. Life can be crazy, and it's so true how your state of mind (your thoughts) can alter your reality. 

So, what is the thought that is most eating at me today?  Well, like the rest of the world, I woke up and when I turned on the news, I was bombarded with news on the Royal Wedding.  Am I a huge Prince William fan?  No.  Am I a huge Kate Middleton fan?  No.  Am I a huge royal family fan?  No.  However, I do think they are important to worldly interactions and society.  And, while I do not think it is necessary that EVERY station be broadcasting the wedding and the events of the day, I welcome it.  Why?  The world is filled with such tragedy, trial, turmoil and overall negative news, that it was nice to have a morning full of hopeful and joyous news. 

I'll leave you with this to marinate on - all of the bad news will still be there tomorrow, so why not take a few hours and just celebrate the good that is left in the world? 

No comments:

Post a Comment